Silicone Sponge & Foam
Closed Cell Silicone Sponge
Closed cell silicone sponge is excellent for gasketing applications that require soft compressible material. It is resistant to extreme temperatures and offers good compression set. Our silicone sponge & foam material is available in Soft, Medium, Firm and Extra Firm densities, with Medium density being the most popular. It is available in many colors with orange/red being the industry standard.
What Are The Specifications Of Closed Cell Silicone Sponge?
- Extreme High and Low Temperatures AMS3195
- High Compressibility Mil-R-46089
- Low Compression Set ASTM D1056
- UV/Ozone Resistant Mil-R-6130
- Excellent Gasketing material Mil-Std 670
Typical Properties of Medium Density Sponge (Specifications for other densities available upon request)
What Are The Properties Specification Typical Values Of Closed Cell Silicone Sponge?
- Density lbs/cubic inch .025 Max .020
- (under ¼’ thick)
- Compression Deflection, PSI 6-14 11
- Compression Set, 22 hrs @212°F 60% Max 29
- Brittle Point °F -67 -103
- Temperature Range °F N/A -103 – 450°F
- Water Absorption 5% Max Pass
- Tensile Strength, PSI N/A 100
- Elongation, % N/A 200
- Thermal Conductivity
- (BTU in./hr. ft² °F N/A .6
The above values are typical properties and are provided for information only. They should not be used to set specification requirements. It is up to the end user to determine whether the material is suitable for the intended application.
Click here to Contact us today or call us at 800.259.8770